Cranberry White Chocolate Mousse
This is an extremely rich mousse that is cheesecake-like in consistency. It is perfect for a pie filling in a graham cracker crumb crust, or on its own in individual dessert cups topped with whipped cream and Frosted Cranberries.
The great thing about making mousse with Sweetened Cranberry Puree is that you can use the thickening power of the cranberry pectin to hold the mousse firm rather than adding gelatin.
3 ounces white Chocolate
¼ cup hot heavy cream
1 cup heavy cream whipped to soft peaks (better under whipped than over)
1 cup Sweetened Cranberry Puree (see recipe)
¼ cup superfine sugar
1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Melt white chocolate in bowl over hot water.
- Add ¼ cup of hot heavy cream and mix together to a smooth consistency.
- Let cool.
- Fold into whipped cream mixture.
- Fold room temperature cranberry puree into white chocolate whipped cream mixture and spoon into decorative parfait glasses.
- Serve within 3 hours.
Serving Suggestions: Garnish with shavings or white chocolate, or add a dollop of whipped cream topped with sweetened dried cranberries or Frosted Cranberries.
- Gather all ingredients.
- Paint each cranberry with egg white using small paintbrush, or place cranberries directly into small bowl containing the lightly beaten egg white.
- Sprinkle with superfine sugar.
- Set on parchment paper or wax paper.
- Chill until ready to use.