Grilled Portabella Mushrooms Stuffed with Cranberry and Sausage Stuffing
Source:Cape Cod Cranberry Growers' Association
Yield:6 stuffed mushrooms
6 each Portabella mushrooms
4 cups mesclun greens
¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries
Cranberry and Sausage Stuffing (see below)
Cranberry Sausage Stuffing
1 cups quinoa grain, uncooked
½ lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup leeks, coarsely chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
2 cups chicken stock
¼ cup goat cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Gather all ingredients and chop vegetables and herbs.
- Place chicken stock and quinoa in sauce pan, cover and bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until liquid has been absorbed by the grain. (About 15 minutes.)
- Melt butter over medium heat in sauté pan, add sausage (casings removed) and sauté, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Add leeks and celery and continue to cook until leeks are translucent and sausage is cooked through.
- Add rosemary and thyme.
- Remove from heat and add to quinoa.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Grilled Portabella Mushroom
- Scrape out center of mushroom caps (gills).
- Season caps with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill over medium heat for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Place greens on center of serving platter.
- Stuff mushrooms with quinoa sausage stuffing.
- Place stuffed mushrooms on greens.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with goat cheese and sweetened dried cranberries.