Cranberry-Apple Brined Pork Chops
Source:Cape Cod Cranberry Growers' Association
Yield:6-8 pork chops
1 quart chicken stock
½ cup coarse Kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 quart cranberry apple juice drink
1 quart ice water
6-8 pork chops
Making the Brine
- In 4 quart saucepan add chicken stock, Kosher salt, ground black pepper and 1 quart of the cranberry apple juice drink.
- Heat over medium heat until the salt is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour into 8 quart stock pot.
- Add 1 quart of cranberry apple juice drink and the ice water.
- Put in refrigerator until temperature reaches 40°F.
Brining the Pork Chops
- Wash pork chops thoroughly.
- Place in 1 gallon ziplock plastic bag.
- Pour cooled brine over pork chops into plastic bag. Zip closed.
- Put plastic bag with pork chops and brine into empty bowl or container and put in refrigerator for 1 to 8 hours.
Cooking the Pork Chops
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove pork chops from brine solution and discard brine solution.
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towels.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Grill on both sides until done (internal temperature should be 145°F). Do not over cook or pork chops will be dry.
- Transfer to serving platter. Let sit for about 5 minutes and serve.
- Serve with cranberry-apple chutney or cranberry jalapeno relish.