Summer Greens Salad with Sweetened Dried Cranberries and Cranberry Vinaigrette
Source:Cape Cod Cranberry Growers' Association
2 teaspoon minced shallots
2 tablespoon cranberry juice cocktail
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
salt and pepper (to taste)
¼ cup walnut pieces, lightly toasted
1 head Belgian endive, yellow tipped, cored and cut lengthwise into narrow strips
1 bunch watercress, washed
2 cups mesclun greens, washed
½ cup red onion, sliced in lengths
¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- In small bowl whisk together the olive oil, cranberry juice cocktail, vinegars, shallots.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Let stand for at least ½ hour to allow flavors to blend.
- In small dry frying pan, over medium heat, toast the walnuts, shaking the pan often, until brown and aromatic. Transfer to small bowl and set aside.
- Divide the mesclun greens among four individual salad plates.
- Top with cut endive, onion, and watercress.
- Add toasted walnut pieces and sweetened dried cranberries.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette.