Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake
Cape Cod Cranberry Growers' Association
24 oz cream cheese
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup heavy cream
1 ½ cups sweetened cranberry puree
2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup melted butter
- Gather ingredients and bring to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- To make the crust place graham cracker crumbs in a medium sized work bowl. Add melted butter and mix well.
- Press graham cracker mixture evenly over the bottom of a greased 10 inch spring form pan.
- Place cream cheese, flour and sugar in the work bowl of electric mixer. Beat on medium/high until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, scraping sides of bowl between each egg. Add vanilla and heavy cream. Beat until smooth.
- Pour 2/3 of the cheesecake batter over the graham cracker crust. Spoon the sweetened cranberry puree over the cream cheese mix in dollops about 1 inch apart. Pour remaining batter over puree. Swirl through the batter and puree with a knife to achieve marble effect (be careful not to scrape crust).
- Create a water bath by placing the spring form pan in the center of a roasting pan. Pour hot water into the roasting pan approximately half way up the sides of the spring form pan.
- Place roasting in the center of preheated oven. Bake for 45-60 minutes. Check cake at 45 minutes for doneness. Cheesecake will be golden brown and puffed in the center. If center is sagging add additional time as needed, and check every few minutes.
- Let cheesecake stand for at least one and a half hours before refrigerating for 24 hours. Slide knife around rim of spring form pan, remove rim and serve.