Source:Cape Cod Cranberry Growers' Association
2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
1 cup short grain white rice (such as Arborio)
¼ cup leeks, chopped
Salt and pepper
¼ cup feta Cheese, crumbled
½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pour Cranberry Juice Cocktail into small sauce pan and place on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to 1 quart sauce pan and place over high heat.
- Add leeks and salt and pepper.
- Sauté until leeks are translucent and then add the rice.
- Stir until the rice is coated with oil.
- Add the boiling cranberry juice cocktail. Stir. Cover. Turn heat down to a simmer.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add feta cheese and sweetened dried cranberries, stir well.
- Turn into serving dish.
- Serve hot.