Cranberry Infused White Tea Scones
2 tablespoons boiling water
1 white tea bag
½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
1 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 ½ tablespoons sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup butter
3+ ounces half and half
1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pour boiling water into a bowl and steep tea bag 2 minutes; remove tea bag.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut butter into small cubes and knead into flour.
- With a fork stir white tea and 3 ounces half-and-half into flour mixture until just combined; fold in sweetened dried cranberries.
- Roll dough into a 5-inch round.
- Transfer round to baking sheet; lightly coat dough with additional half-and-half.
- Sprinkle last 2 ½ teaspoons of sugar over dough and score round into quarters.
- Brush scones with egg yolk to create a golden brown crust.
- Bake scones at 400°F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.