2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup chopped white onion
1 ½ cups cranberry juice cocktail, heated to a simmer
1 cup couscous
¼ cup chopped pistachios
2 scallions green parts only
½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a medium saucepan add olive oil.
- Add the white onion, sweetened dried cranberries and pistachios, and saute gently over low heat until onion is translucent and slightly fragrant.
- Add the couscous and the warm cranberry juice cocktail.
- Stir with a fork to combine, cover.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the scallions. Fluff with fork.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Turn into serving dish.
- Serve hot.