Cape Cod Cranberry Growers' Association
3 cups Cranberry Puree (see recipe below)
1 ½ cups sugar
juice of 1 lemon
- Pour cranberry puree into 2 quart saucepan and place over medium heat.
- When juice is simmering, add sugar and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour into a heat-safe container.
- Refrigerate overnight, or until cool.
- When ready to make the sorbet, stir the juice of one lemon into the mixture, then freeze in 1 or 2 batches in an ice cream machine, according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Sorbet is ready to eat.
For a firmer sorbet, transfer to a plastic container and place in freezer.
- Combine 1 cup of fresh or frozen cranberries and ¼ cup of water in saucepan.
- Bring to boil and turn down to a simmer.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to blender and blend until smooth. Be careful not to blend cranberries while hot as the pressure will cause the blender lid to pop off.