Cranberry Almond Goat Cheese Log
Servings: 2 logs
11oz goat cheese
1 tablespoon orange zest
1/3 cup chopped dried cranberries
1 cup natural sliced almonds - divided
- Place goat cheese in food processor work bowl.
- Pulse several times until cheese is crumbled.
- Add orange zest and chopped dried cranberry to crumbled goat cheese. Pulse for 5 seconds, or until cheese mixture will start to form a ball.
- Remove cheese mixture from work bowl and separate into two balls. Form each cheese balls into a log shape approximately 2x4 inches each.
- Place half of the almonds onto a piece of wax paper. Roll one goat cheese log over almonds, covering the entire surface of the log, gently pressing to assure the almonds stick.
- Repeat with the remaining second log and almonds. Wrap the logs individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours before serving. Serve on Baguette Croutes (see recipe below).
- Cranberry Almond Goat Cheese Logs will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week.
1 loaf French bread cut into slices ¼ - ½ inch thick
- To make the croutes, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Brush 1 side of the bread slices lightly with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the oiled side with a little pepper and place oiled side up on a baking sheet.
- Bake until just golden, 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving tray and let cool.
- Spread Cranberry Almond Goat Cheese Log on Baguette Croutes and serve.
Source: Cape Cod Cranberry Growers' Association