Chicken Breast Stuffed with Wild Rice and Cranberry Stuffing
Ingredients: (makes 6 servings)
6 chicken breast halves, cleaned and tenders removed
Wild Rice and Cranberry Stuffing (see below)
Egg wash, (3 eggs in bowl, beaten with fork)
Flour, w/salt and pepper added to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- With a sharp knife, cut a pocket down the side of the chicken breast about ¾ of the way through. Stuff with Wild Rice and Cranberry Stuffing.
- Heat large skilled over med-high heat for one minute, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Dip stuffed chicken breast in egg wash, dredge through flour.
- Place stuffed chicken breast in hot skillet.
- Brown stuffed chicken breast for one minute on each side, remove from skillet and place in shallow baking dish.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice each breast crosswise about ½ inches thick.
- Place on serving platter over greens.
Wild Rice and Cranberry Stuffing
3 cups cooked wild rice
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup fresh chopped apples (peeled and cored)
½ cup melted butter
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup cranberry juice cocktail
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix well.
- After stuffing chicken breasts, freeze remaining stuffing for future use.
Source: Cape Cod Cranberry Growers' Association